Small Business Health Insurance - The Arkansas Way
The Arkansas Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is designed by Arkansans for Arkansas small businesses with 2 to 100 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs). Arkansas SHOP opens November 1, 2015, for group plans effective January 1, 2016, with enrollment year-round. Arkansas SHOP rates are guaranteed for one year.
Grow Your Business with Arkansas SHOP
Arkansas SHOP can help you expand your client base and grow your business by providing options for your small group clients that make enrolling in health coverage easier.
SHOP Benefits for Agents and Brokers
- Agent/Broker SHOP portal to manage clients that allows real-time changes
- Agents/Brokers can enroll each employee one-on-one or upload a roster of employees
- Local call center with trained Arkansas SHOP representatives
- Tools and resources you need to help small group clients
- Co-branded marketing materials
- Local Producer Specialist to provide training and licensing assistance: Bruce Donaldson, CHC
SHOP Benefits for Small Group Clients
- Potential tax credits for small businesses (less than 25 FTEs)
- Potential pre-tax benefits for both small businesses and their employees
- Comprehensive health insurance plans with no annual or lifetime limits on care or denial of coverage based on pre-existing conditions
- Businesses can control costs by offering coverage for Employee Only (currently up to 50 employees); Employee and Dependents - children only, no spouse; or Employee, Spouse and Dependents. Offering coverage for adult and pediatric dental is also an option.
- User-friendly website for agents and brokers, employers and employees
Arkansas SHOP Coverage Options
Click here for information on the three coverage options available through Arkansas SHOP. Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield is the carrier offering health plans on Arkansas SHOP in 2016. Best Life and Dentegra are the carriers offering pediatric and adult dental plans.
Sell Arkansas SHOP
All licensed life and health agents must be licensed as Exchange Producers to sell SHOP plans.
- Current Exchange Producer (EP) licenses will expire on September 30, 2016. No EP license renewal is required in 2015. Note: FFM training and Arkansas SHOP training are required to sell Arkansas SHOP.
- To become a newly licensed Exchange Producer, life and health agents must complete:
- Federal Training
- State Training
- Arkansas SHOP Training
Get SHOP Certified
Exchange Producers who complete Arkansas SHOP Training will be listed in the Arkansas SHOP Find an Agent/Broker search tool. Click here for information on upcoming training events.